Burger Patty Salad
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Serves 4 (serving size: 1 1/2 cups salad, 2 patties, and 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce)
You can still enjoy all the taste of a juicy, veggie-topped burger without any of the excess calories due to a thick bun or heavy mayo-based sauce. This paleo salad features a hearty burger patty, fresh lettuce and tomatoes, and an herb-y vinaigrette to drizzle atop. We love the richness that a little ground lamb offers, but you can use all beef or even ground turkey instead.
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 ounces 90% lean ground beef
- 4 ounces lean ground lamb
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 (5-oz.) pkg. baby kale leaves
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- Calories 254
- Fat 18.6g
- Satfat 6g
- Monofat 10g
- Polyfat 1.6g
- Protein 16.4g
- Carbohydrate 6g
- Fiber 2.3g
- Cholesterol 90mg
- Iron 3mg
- Sodium 387mg
- Calcium 157mg
- Sugars 2g
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Cut onion half in half. Place 1 onion quarter in a food processor. Add 2 tablespoons parsley, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, red pepper, allspice, and garlic; pulse until ground. Add beef, lamb, and egg; pulse to combine.
Shape beef mixture into 8 patties. Place patties on a jelly-roll pan; broil 6 minutes or until done.
Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon lime juice, remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
Toss kale with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Slice remaining onion. Divide kale mixture among 4 plates; top with sliced onion, sliced cucumber, and tomato. Arrange 2 patties on each salad; drizzle evenly with vinaigrette.